We are delighted to say that we are back in a position to offer accounts to new members once again. This facility will be available at every branch, by appointment only.
In order to avoid any unnecessary delays, we ask that you review the requirements below and bring all the necessary documents with you.
To make your appointment or if you have any queries in relation to the requirements please phone us on (044) 9348817 for appointments in Mullingar, Castlepollard, Kinnegad and Rochfortbridge.
Please phone (043) 3341523 for appointments in the Longford Office.
Your home address or work address must fall within Mullingar Credit Union’s common bond area in order to qualify for membership. The following documents must be provided when opening an account:
- Photo ID – e.g. valid passport or driver’s licence.
- Proof of PPS number – e.g. payslip, P60, revenue documentation. Please be advised that the Social Welfare Consolidation Act 2008 prohibits the use of the Public Service Card by entities other than specified bodies. Mullingar Credit Union is not a specified body.
- Proof of Address – e.g. utility bill, or bank statement. Must be dated within the last six months.
If you do not hold any of the above, please contact any of our offices and we can further advise.
To open a Minor account (up to age 16) the following is required:
- Child’s original birth certificate or passport.
- Child’s PPS number. This must be presented on official documentation. This is normally issued by the Dept. of Social & Family Affairs.
- Photo ID and proof of address (as per above) of the Parent or Guardian who is opening the account on the child’s behalf.
- Membership fee of €1 to open an account with Mullingar Credit Union.
- Minimum lodgement of €5.00.
- Children aged 10 years and over must be present along with Parent or Guardian to complete the membership form.
Once your account is opened you can enjoy the benefits of being a member of Mullingar Credit Union.
Your home address or work address must fall within Mullingar Credit Union common bond area in order to qualify for membership.
You will be asked to fill out a nomination form when you are opening your account. This allows you to nominate the money in your account, in the event of your death, to whomever you choose, up to a certain limit.